Let’s talk about everyone’s favorite pastime — commercial cleaning. This is something that is always going to be on your task list. There no way to avoid it if you want to run and maintain a successful business. But, what you can avoid is unnecessary cleaning. So what you might want to consider doing is creating a cleaning schedule that will show all of the tasks that should be done and how often it should be done.
Create Your List
Keep in mind that each space will have its own unique needs. For example, the number of people working in your office may mean that the bathroom needs to be cleaned more often if a lot of people are using it. If there is just a couple of you, the bathroom won’t need to be worked on quite so often. So, you can use this information as a template to get started and then adjust it according to the requirements of your location. And here are some things that you might be missing.
These tasks are basically the minimum of what you should be doing (or have done). Doing these jobs will allow you to maintain a neat and organized work atmosphere for your team so they can do their work more efficiently.
- Vacuum commonly used areas to remove debris
- Empty garbages that are full or nearly full (and replace the liners)
- Wipe down any glass that has fingerprints or other smears
- Use disinfectant to wipe commonly used counters
- Mop hard floors such as tile
- Clean door handles and light switches (this is especially important if there is anyone in the office that is feeling under the weather because you can help prevent spreading germs around to the rest of your staff)
- If you have one — put all of the used dishes in the dishwasher
- Make sure soap dispensers are filled
- Inspect the sinks, toilets, and other areas of the bathroom and clean if necessary. Use a disinfectant spray for this.
Here you will find tasks that are more deep cleaning and will offer an appealing environment for your clients and customers.
- Polish hardwood surfaces like tables and floors
- Empty all trash cans and replace the liners
- Clean windows on the inside and outside
- Clean out the refrigerator by getting rid of any old food and drinks. You’ll also want to disinfect.
- Wipe down phones, computers, printers, and other equipment.
The tasks that you reserve for monthly cleaning are the ones that can be safely missed for a couple of weeks without any safety issues or other concerns.
- Vacuum or clean all chairs
- Vacuum and give a deep clean to the surface areas
- Vacuum vents
- Dust everything. It is best to start high and work to the bottom
Commercial Cleaning Services Can Help
Creating a list and following it may seem like a pain, but it will be a benefit if you follow through. Both customers and your employees will be happier to be in a clean atmosphere. Just thinking about cleaning can be a headache for someone trying to run a successful business. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We’re here to help!
Our Service Options
We have a commercial cleaning “Options” Maintenance Program that is sure to have something that will fit your needs. We take pride in our ability to work with you to find a solution for every need of your place of business. In addition to our revered Commercial Carpet Cleaning, you have the choice to choose from a variety of janitorial services in Idaho Falls that fit your needs, schedule and most importantly, your budget. This commercial cleaning maintenance program is called “Options” for a reason, here is a brief into to the many features you can.
- 1 year of scheduled service: A consistent schedule will help keep things simple and organized.
- Emergency “Spill” coverage: Sometimes you need more than routine cleaning.
- Low monthly payments: We will optimize the method and maintenance schedule of janitorial services in Idaho Falls to fit your budget.
- Tile and grout cleaning: We don’t stop at cleaning carpets because we know that all floors really take a beating.
- Furniture Cleaning: We’ll make sure you have a well-furnished lobby.
- Walk Off Mats: You won’t have to worry about unsightly entryways.